Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Overview of London

And here's the more relevant post for the majority of people reading this blog, which involves the tour I and the rest of the Hollins abroad students took of the general layout of the beautiful city of London. I will include and identify as many pictures as I can.

A view of the Thames:


The London Eye!


Iconic Big Ben:


The outside of the Royal Courts of Justice:


The front of St. Paul's Cathedral, where Diana married Prince Charles:


Tower Bridge!


Big Ben and Parliament:


The memorial Queen Victoria made for her husband, Prince Albert:


The National Gallery, one of the most popular (if not the most) art museums in the city:


Trafalgar Square:


I'm really sorry for not having more pictures: I was on a moving bus (coach) the whole time, so it was hard to take pictures of some of the places we saw. We virtually went to every major section of London, including Kensington, Westminster, Piccadilly, Covent Garden, Buckingham Palace (kind of, we couldn't get too close,) Hyde Park, and more. I'm hoping to go to all these places myself in the future, so there will be more detailed reports about various locations and buildings. Assuming I'll have time once my classes start on Monday.

Tomorrow's schedule: Windsor Castle! And I'll have as much time as I want to explore! Windsor is gorgeous, and I can't wait to go back there. Unfortunately, I won't be able to take pictures of the inside, but I'll be sure to get plenty of the outside and the town of Windsor, which is right next to it.

Until then!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. I... am a horrible n00b, but when I saw the picture of the National Gallery, I could not help but think of Sherlock.

    Also, now I am even more jealous. How is it that London has sunshine and Kentucky doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao, no, I would have done the same thing if I didn't have previous connotations with the National Gallery. Don't feel like a n00b, you totally aren't.

    Yeah, I really am sorry about the weather>_> I have no idea why it's this warm over here, while it's freezing cold back home. In my defense, it's probably going to be raining while we're at Windsor tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete